St. Robert's School was built on its current site in 1927, although, the church has had a school in the area since 1879. It became a primary school in 1964 when Archbishop McGrath Comprehensive School was opened. It serves a wide catchment area that includes the Ogmore and Garw Valleys. About 90% of the pupils travel to school by public or private transport.
The main building is made of stone. During early 1992 two demountable classrooms and extra toilets were added to the site to provide much needed infant areas for the schools growing numbers. The school has had a new multi-purpose hall and all buildings are covered by security lighting and alarms. Lots of development has taken place on the school grounds to establish an outside learning classroom, this has provided an excellent environment for many lessons and school activities.
Headteacher: Mrs C Beveridge
St. Robert's Catholic Primary School
Tel: 01656 815515
Fax: 01656 815519